Broaden your managerial skills.
In today’s business world, the demands of management require you to have an increasing range of skills in all facets of business. You learn to integrate knowledge and skills across functions and disciplines, and focus on the application of theory and execution of practice.
The Master of Business Administration (Extended) program includes courses that explore current business issues and the opportunity to complete a specialisation in Project Management, Supply Chain Management, International Business, Health Sector Business Management, Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management, Management or Marketing.
To be considered for admission candidates would normally be required to:
- possess an undergraduate degree from a recognised higher education institution or equivalent; and
- candidates whose first language is other than English must demonstrate an appropriate level of English proficiency. Refer to the English language requirements
Successful completion of the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration will qualify the candidate for entry into the Master of Business Administration (Extended) for completion of the remaining courses.
Graduates of Master of Business Administration (Extended) program work in a diverse range of roles in industry and public sector organisations.
Application and admission advice
Contact Student Central
+61 7 5430 2890
Ground floor, Building C, Sippy Downs
What will I study
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your Recommended Study Sequence.
Required courses (8)
PLUS select 1 course from:
Select 1 specialisation* (48 units) from the following areas:
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management (available at Sippy Downs only)
- Health Sector Business Management (available at Sippy Downs only)
- International Business (available at Sippy Downs and SouthBank)
- Management (available at Sippy Downs and SouthBank)
- Marketing (available at Sippy Downs only)
- Project Management (available only at Sippy Downs)
- Supply Chain Management (available at Sippy Downs only)
*Note: not all specialisations will be offered in all locations
Elective courses (4)
Select 4 courses from:
BUS705 Innovation and Management Decision Making
BUS706 International Business Law and Ethics
BUS707 Managing Across Global Cultures
BUS708 International Trade and Finance
BUS710 Marketing in an International Environment
HSM701 Contemporary and Emerging Issues in Health Sector Business Management
INF701 Management Informatics
MBA730 Contemporary and Emerging Issues in Business and Management
MGT702 Managing People
MGT704 Global Business Management
MGT711 Entrepreneurship and Venture Planning
MGT712 Corporate Governance, Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
MGT730 Leveraging Innovation, Design and Creativity
MGT731 Corporate Entrepreneurship and Innovation
MGT735 Retail Supply Chain Management and Procurement
MGT736 Supply Chain Sustainability and Risk Management
MGT737 Supply Chain Management
MKG721 Food Marketing
PRM701 Project Management Principles
PRM710 Project Risk
PRM720 Project Planning
PRM721 Project Integration
Please note that the program structure of the MBA and names of courses are subject to change.
Note: Not all specialisations and USC courses are available on every USC campus.
Total units: 192
Recommended study sequence
Students who commenced prior to the current semester must complete the courses from their original program structure unless otherwise advised. For courses no longer included in the current sequence, use the course links in your structure for details of requisites and scheduling. This is a recommended study sequence to complete your program within the specified full-time duration.
In order to graduate you must:
- Successfully complete 192 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- Some specialisation areas are available as a part-time study option only
- Specialisations available at SouthBank are International Business and Management
- Only a full-time study option is available to international students on a Student Visa
- Online study mode not available to international students on a Student Visa
- Refer to Planning your study page to manage your progression
- For Semester 2, 2017 SouthBank students are required to substitute ACC701 Accounting for Managers with ACC506 Accounting Fundamentals
How to apply
Am I eligible to apply?
- Confirm that you meet the program specific admission requirements, prerequisites and recommended prior study outlined on Why study this program?
- Confirm that you meet the general postgraduate admission requirements and English Language Proficiency requirements
- Download and complete the Application for postgraduate coursework form and submit directly to USC.
- Lodge the completed application form with supporting documentation to Student Central by the due date.
Apply direct to USC International
International students should contact USC International
How to enrol
New to USC?
Once you have applied and received your offer of a place from USC, follow the steps to Get Started at USC to respond to your offer, plan your study and enrol in your courses.
Before you enrol, visit Planning your study to plan your study to make sure you study the right courses at the right time so you can finish your degree when you plan to.
Visit How do I enrol? for enrolment instructions and key dates.
Refer to the Academic Calendar for key semester, session and/or trimester dates.