Become a next-level business leader.
This program is for managers from a broad field of occupations who want to enhance their strategic and operational management skills. USC has two new specialist electives to the program to meet increasing job demands – Project Management and Health Sector Business Management.
In this program, you will improve your ability to evaluate business decision-making and work on real world business problems and situations. Develop important skills in managing people and teams.
The Master’s program gives you a complete theoretical foundation in all areas of management, including finance, informatics and marketing.
- A bachelor's degree (AQF Level 7) from a recognised higher education institution, or equivalent.
- Students admitted to the program with a completed AQF level 7 Bachelor degree or equivalent in Business are eligible to have the volume of learning in this program reduced by 48 units.
- Applicants from a non-English speaking background must demonstrate an appropriate level of English proficiency. Refer to the English language requirements
Application and admission advice
Contact Student Central
+61 7 5430 2890
Ground floor, Building C, Sippy Downs
What will I study
Select your location, starting year and starting semester below to display your Recommended Study Sequence.
Required courses (11)
ACC701 Accounting for Managers
BUS702 Economics for Managers
BUS703 Managing Research
INF701 Management Informatics
MGT701 Managing Organisations
MGT702 Managing People
MGT703 Strategic Management
MGT712 Corporate Governance, Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
MKG701 Marketing Management
PRM701 Project Management Principles
PLUS select 1 course from:
Elective courses (5)
These elective courses can be used to complete a specialisation in one of the following areas:
- Health Sector Business Management
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
- International Business
- Project Management
- Supply Chain Management
OR select 5 courses from:
BUS704 Corporate Finance
BUS705 Innovation and Management Decision Making
BUS706 International Business Law and Ethics
BUS707 Managing Across Global Cultures
BUS708 International Trade and Finance
BUS710 Marketing in an International Environment
HSM701 Contemporary and Emerging Issues in Health Sector Business Management
MGT704 Global Business Management
MGT711 Entrepreneurship and Venture Planning
MGT730 Leveraging Innovation, Design and Creativity
MGT731 Corporate Entrepreneurship and Innovation
MGT735 Retail Supply Chain Management and Procurement
MGT736 Supply Chain Sustainability and Risk Management
MGT737 Supply Chain Management
MKG721 Food Marketing
PRM710 Project Risk
PRM720 Project Planning
PRM721 Project Integration
Note: Program structures are subject to change. Not all USC courses are available on every USC campus.
Total units: 192
Recommended study sequence
Students who commenced prior to the current semester must complete the courses from their original program structure unless otherwise advised. For courses no longer included in the current sequence, use the course links in your structure for details of requisites and scheduling. This is a recommended study sequence to complete your program within the specified full-time duration.
In order to graduate you must:
- Successfully complete 192 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- Some specialisation areas are available as a part-time study option only.
- Students admitted to the program with a completed AQF level 7 Bachelor degree or equivalent in Business are eligible to have the volume of learning in this program reduced by 48 units
- Only a full-time study option is available to international students on a Student Visa
- Online study mode not available to international students on a Student Visa
- Refer to the 'Planning your study' page to manage your progression
How to apply
Am I eligible to apply?
- Confirm that you meet the program specific admission requirements, prerequisites and recommended prior study outlined on Why study this program?
- Confirm that you meet the general postgraduate admission requirements and English Language Proficiency requirements
- Download and complete the Application for postgraduate coursework form and submit directly to USC.
- Lodge the completed application form with supporting documentation to Student Central by the due date.
Apply direct to USC International
International students should contact USC International
How to enrol
New to USC?
Once you have applied and received your offer of a place from USC, follow the steps to Get Started at USC to respond to your offer, plan your study and enrol in your courses.
Before you enrol, visit Planning your study to plan your study to make sure you study the right courses at the right time so you can finish your degree when you plan to.
Visit How do I enrol? for enrolment instructions and key dates.
Refer to the Academic Calendar for key semester, session and/or trimester dates.