How to change your program

Accessibility links

How to change your program


If you are a current student at USC and wish to change your program of study, you should first discuss the proposed change with Student Central. You may be eligible for exemptions or credit transfer from your previous study.

What degree should I study?

Career planning is a lifelong process. It involves a series of decisions considered over time as your life priorities and opportunities change. For university students, career planning is about choosing a career path related to your field of study and preparing you for employment. A range of career resources are available via Career Development.

Undergraduate programs

If you have completed at least one semester of study in a USC award program (either successfully or unsuccessfully) prior to the Study Period in which your program change will become effective, you can apply to change your program of study. The admission criteria in place for new students will also apply for all students wanting to change program.

There are two program change windows each year. The next opportunity to change program will be for Study Period 1 2017, the program change dates for the next study period are:

  • 05 - 30 September for program changes to take effect in Study Period 1, 2017

Students are strongly encouraged to submit their application within the above timeframe, to ensure that their program change is processed prior to the Open Enrolments date for the following Study Period. Late applications for program changes will only be approved subject to places being available in the specified program.

Applications for the following programs will not be accepted after 08 January 2017:

  • Bachelor of Midwifery
  • Bachelor of Nursing Science/Bachelor of Midwifery

If you are receiving a scholarship, prior to submitting an application please contact Scholarships to check if changing your program will affect your ability to continue to receive your scholarship.

If you have not completed a semester of study in a USC program (eg deferred commencement of your program or withdrew from your first semester of study prior to census date), you will need to apply through QTAC (domestic students only).

Application for Program Change

Postgraduate programs

If you are a postgraduate student, you will need to re-apply for the new program using the Application for Postgraduate Coursework form.

International postgraduate students will need to re-apply for the new program via USC International.

International students

International students studying on a Student visa who are considering a program change that impacts on their overall duration of study are advised to discuss their program change intentions with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to identify potential impacts on their Student visa.

Back to top

Searching {{model.SearchType}} for "{{model.Query}}" returned more than {{model.MaxResults}} results.
The top {{model.MaxResults}} of {{model.TotalItems}} are shown below, ordered by relevance ({{model.TotalSeconds}} seconds)

Searching {{model.SearchType}} for "{{model.Query}}" returned {{model.TotalItems}} results, ordered by relevance ({{model.TotalSeconds}} seconds)

Searching {{model.SearchType}} for "{{model.Query}}" returned no results.

No search results found for