All students are required to update their UniSC password every 120 days.
When it's time to update your password, you'll be prompted to do so when you log in to your UniSC account via a web browser. Follow the prompts to enter your new password, making sure you follow the password requirements below.
If you need to change your password outside of the 120 day update, follow the instructions to change your password.
- Your password must be different from any used previously.
- Your password is case-sensitive.
- Your password must be between 8 and 16 characters in length
- Your password must contain:
- At least one uppercase character
- At least one lowercase character
- At least one number
- At least one special (non-alphanumeric) character (eg ! @ # $ % ^ & * )
- Your password must not contain:
- Part of your name or username.
If you need to change your password outside of the 120-day window, there are two ways to do this.
If you have registered your mobile phone number in USC Central, you can change your password via the self-service UniSC Password Reset page. To use this service:
- Go to the self-service UniSC Password Reset page.
- Enter your username in the text box.
- A security code will be sent to your registered mobile phone or alternate email address (only if no mobile number is available).
- Enter the security code in the field.
- Enter your new password.
You can also access the UniSC Password Reset page by clicking on the ‘Change your password’ link (located below the Login/Sign in button) on the home pages of Canvas or USC Central.
If you are on a UniSC-managed computer (eg workstation, computer lab, library commons) you can change your password by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del after you log on.
- Log on to the computer.
- Press Ctrl-Alt-Del
- Select 'Change a Password'.
- Enter your old password and your new password in the text boxes, making sure you follow the password requirements as described above.
After you update your password
After you update your password, please allow up to 10 minutes for your new password to synchronise to all UniSC systems (including web services and campus computers).
If you have trouble using a campus computer after changing your password, log off and log back on.
If you need to change your password and can't follow the instructions above, the Student IT Help Desk can help.