Find your path to university.
Want to be a part of all that's happening at UniSC, but don't have the ATAR, selection rank or skills...yet? Perhaps you are unsure if university is for you. You might be exploring a career change, haven't studied in a while, or want to dip your toe in the water before committing to a full degree.
At UniSC we are big believers in the power of... yet. We have a range of specially designed pathways and bridging programs to help you gain entry, and the confidence and previous learning you need to succeed in most programs of study. You can try university, and see if it is the right fit for you.
Don't let the lack of a one-off score, or uncertainty hold you back from achieving your study dreams. Wherever you are at, we can help you decide what you want to do and find a way to help you get there.
If you're thinking about a pathway to university, it's all happening at UniSC.
From FIFO worker to psychology graduate, and now, medical student
Brad Lines was working as a FIFO driller in the mines when he decided to finally give uni a go. TPP was his pathway to a degree in psychology, a new career, and new friends and experiences he’ll always treasure. “I always wanted to go to uni, but I didn’t have the marks and I wasn’t sure I could,” Brad says. UniSC's Tertiary Preparation Pathway helped Brad develop his study skills and confidence.
Explore your study options
Uni Skills for You - short course
UniSC offers a free course to help as you take the first steps to study at university or TAFE. It runs online over 4 weeks or face-to-face over 2 consecutive days.
Tertiary Preparation Pathway (TPP)
Experience university before committing to a full degree. Brush up on study skills and gain subject area knowledge to meet prerequisites in areas like science, business or maths. You can study up to four fee-free* TPP courses and gain entry into most UniSC programs on successful completion.
Looking to upskill or retrain? UniSC is offering Commonwealth supported places in a range of short courses designed to help you build skills and knowledge in in-demand areas.
Study a full-time, one-year diploma and get a taste for
university, and have something to show for it. You'll get an introduction to a field of study, develop skills to succeed at university and gain direct entry at UniSC with up to one year’s credit.
Kickstart your university degree while in high school. The Headstart program is for students in Years 11 or 12.
Early Offer Guarantee
Year 12 students who want to secure a place at UniSC before their results are released, can apply, with their school principal's approval, for an early offer.
In the News
Chef finds the perfect recipe for career change
Former Zesty Edibles chef Kirstyn Owens is among the students who have each received a Gympie and District Community Bank/USC Tertiary Preparation Program (TPP) Scholarship, valued at $2,000, after excelling in the university’s free bridging course.
Top honour for graduate who ignored advice she shouldn’t go to uni
Told she wasn’t “university material” in high school, Belgium-born Liesbeth Borburgh never anticipated more than a decade later she would receive the highest academic honour for a graduating student from a university on the other side of the world.
Andre’s aiming to make his mark on business world
North Lakes State College’s co-captain Andre Mascarenhas has already completed an economics subject through UniSC's Headstart program while in Year 12, boosting his ATAR to 94.05 and inspiring him to enrol in a Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting).
Explore your study options
- Undergraduate Certificate in Allied Health Assistance
- Undergraduate Certificate in Animal Ecology
- Undergraduate Certificate in Community Services
- Undergraduate Certificate in Digital Business
- Undergraduate Certificate in Education (Early Childhood)
- Undergraduate Certificate in Education (Primary)
- Undergraduate Certificate in Engineering Design
- Undergraduate Certificate in Game Design
- Undergraduate Certificate in Health
- Undergraduate Certificate in Health Promotion Foundations
- Undergraduate Certificate in Interactive Media
- Undergraduate Certificate in Legal Studies
- Undergraduate Certificate in Nutrition
- Undergraduate Certificate in Small Business
- Undergraduate Certificate in Social Media
- Diploma in Allied Health Assistance
- Diploma in Animal Ecology
- Diploma in Business
- Diploma in Business Innovation
- Diploma in Creative Industries
- Diploma in Education Studies (Early Childhood)
- Diploma in Education Studies (Primary)
- Diploma in General Studies
- Diploma in Outdoor Environmental Studies
- Diploma in Science and Technology
- Diploma in Social and Human Services
- Diploma in Social Science