This is a great opportunity to improve your communication skills and study overseas.
Our Diploma in Communication is offered over eight courses and gives you the option to tailor your studies to suit your interests. Choose from a wide range of courses available to Study Abroad students including creative writing, media, public relations, journalism and design.
Gain knowledge and learn communication concepts in your chosen area through face-to-face teaching supported by online resources. Earn up to 50 percent credit for your prior study and complete the Diploma in one semester. You’ll also have the option to use your courses to complete a minor.
Application and admission advice
Contact USC International
+61 7 5430 2843
What will I study
Select any 8 courses from those available within the following majors:
- 3D Design
- Creative Advertising
- Creative Writing
- e-Media Design
- Graphic Design
- Public Relations
- Screen and Media Studies
- Serious Games Design
Note: Program structures are subject to change. Not all USC courses are available on every USC campus.
Total units: 96
Recommended study sequence
This recommended study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students in previous structures should use this sequence to inform order of courses and current course details. For courses in your commencing structure not included in the current sequence, search the course code for current course offerings and requisites.
In order to graduate you must:
- Successfully complete 96 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- Completing this program within the specified (full-time) duration is based on studying 48 unit points per semester (normally 4 courses)
- Most courses are valued at 12 units unless otherwise specified
- You may wish to use your courses to complete a minor
- Courses within this program are assessed using a variety of assessment methods which may include essays, seminar presentations, reports, in-class tests and examinations
- Only a full-time study option is available to international students on a Student Visa
- Register your selected minor(s)
How to apply
Note: This diploma is offered to International applicants only.
Am I eligible to apply?
- Confirm that you meet the program specific admission requirements, prerequisites and recommended prior study outlined on Why study this program?
- Confirm that you meet the entry requirements and English Language Proficiency requirements
- Read and understand USC's student rules, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Check your eligibility for credit
Eligible applicants should apply directly to USC International.
If you have questions about International applications and admissions:
How to enrol
New to USC?
Once you have applied and received your offer of a place from USC, follow the steps to Get Started at USC to respond to your offer, plan your study and enrol in your courses.
Before you enrol, visit Planning your study to plan your study to make sure you study the right courses at the right time so you can finish your degree when you plan to.
Visit How do I enrol? for enrolment instructions and key dates.
Refer to the Academic Calendar for key semester, session and/or trimester dates.