Earn a diploma in social science and study overseas.
Choose from a wide range of social sciences fields such as counselling, social work, history, psychology and urban planning. Our Diploma is offered over eight courses and gives you the option to tailor your studies to suit your interests.
You’ll also have the option to use your courses to complete a minor. Earn up to 50 percent credit for your prior study and complete the Diploma in one semester.
This is a unique opportunity to study from a diverse range of social sciences areas and experience what it’s like to live and study in another country.
Application and admission advice
Contact USC International
+61 7 5430 2843
What will I study
Complete 8 courses (96 units) from the School of Social Sciences:
Note: Program structures are subject to change. Not all USC courses are available on every USC campus.
Total units: 96
Recommended study sequence
This recommended study sequence ONLY represents the CURRENT program structure. Students in previous structures should use this sequence to inform order of courses and current course details. For courses in your commencing structure not included in the current sequence, search the course code for current course offerings and requisites.
In order to graduate you must:
- Successfully complete 96 units as outlined in the Program Structure
- Completing this program within the specified (full-time) duration is based on studying 48 unit points per semester (normally 4 courses)
- The unit value of all courses is 12 units unless otherwise specified
- It is each students responsibility to enrol correctly according to your course requisites, program rules and requirements and be aware of the academic calendar dates
- Courses within this program are assessed using a variety of assessment methods which may include essays, seminar presentations, reports, in-class tests and examinations
- You may wish to use your courses to complete a minor
- Apply for your selected minor(s)
How to apply
Note: This diploma is offered to International applicants only.
Am I eligible to apply?
- Confirm that you meet the program specific admission requirements, prerequisites and recommended prior study outlined on Why study this program?
- Confirm that you meet the entry requirements and English Language Proficiency requirements
- Read and understand USC's student rules, policies, procedures and guidelines
- Check your eligibility for credit
Eligible applicants should apply directly to USC International.
If you have questions about International applications and admissions:
How to enrol
New to USC?
Once you have applied and received your offer of a place from USC, follow the steps to Get Started at USC to respond to your offer, plan your study and enrol in the correct courses (subjects).
Before you enrol, visit Planning your study to make sure you are studying the right courses at the right time so you complete the required unit value to graduate from your degree when you plan to.
It is each student's responsibility to enrol correctly according to your course requisites, program rules and requirements, and to be aware of the academic calendar dates.
Visit How do I enrol? for enrolment instructions and key dates.
View step-by-step instructions to enrol at How do I enrol?
Refer to the Academic Calendar for key dates, including the last day to add, drop or swap a course or class and Census dateas.