IAAF-standard track, facilities and equipment
USC Sunshine Coast has an IAAF-standard athletics track with eight and ten-lane running tracks.
The track surface is the Sandwich System (EPDM and PU composite).
Equipment is available for hurdles, steeplechase, javelin, shot-put, discus, hammer-throw, high jump, long jump, triple jump, pole vault and disabled throw events.
- 10 lane straight running track
- 8 lane circle running track
- 2 pole vault areas / east and west approaches
- 2 javelin tracks / north and south approaches
- 1 dedicated long jump
- 1 dedicated triple jump
- 2 shot-put circles
- 1 discus circle
- 1 hammer throw cage
- Steeple chase
- Provision for disabled throw events
- Starting blocks
- Lap counter with bell
- Judges flags
- Umpires flags
- IAAF standard hurdles
- Training hurdles
- Relay batons
- Judges stand
- Power board - 8 x 10AMPs, 2 x 15AMPs
- Officials or club facility - toilets, power and water supplied
- Telescopic pole vault height gauge
- Pole vault mat 6.3m x 5m x 0.8m
- Fibreglass 4.5m cross bar
- Elastic flexi-bar
- Vaulting poles
- Spirit poles
- Telescopic high jump height gauge
- High jump mat 5m x 3.2m x 0.65m - flop style jumping
- Stadium stands, maximum height 2.70m
- 4m fibreglass cross bar
- Elastic flexi–bar
Venue Hire and Casual Use
Causal use of the facility is $4. Members of the public and community groups may book facilities and equipment for training groups, events, carnivals and club meets.
Hire includes access to power and kiosk with hot and cold water. Bookings are essential to ensure availability of venue and equipment.