National-standard air-conditioned indoor sports stadium
The University's $24 million indoor sports stadium is nationally-accredited, fully air-conditioned and seats more than 3,000 spectators.
USC Stadium is home to the Sunshine Coast Lightning, the Sunshine Coast's first national sports team.
They play home games and train alongside local school, grassroots athletes and community groups who also use the facilities.
The facility caters to a range of sports at all levels of competition, including basketball, futsal, netball, badminton and volleyball.
Due to high demand, the stadium was re-developed in 2019 to provide refurbished athlete and public facilities and additional seating.
USC Stadium has:
- Three netball, basketball, volleyball and futsal courts
- Four badminton courts
- One international-sized futsal court
- One indoor hockey court
- Timber sports thrust floor
- Six large toilet/changeroom areas, including an umpires changeroom
- Tiered spectator seating with a total capacity of 3000 seats (two retractable and one fixed seating unit)
- A total floor size of 3,705 square metres
- Broadcast-quality lighting
- Broadcast and performance analysis platforms
- Video wall and six 75" LED screens
- One netball-specific drop-in floor
- Multi-purpose function room with AV
- Dedicated seating for people with a disability