Ann Robertson is an applied linguist and committed language learner and educator. Ann has over 20 years' experience in designing and delivering languages curricula, specifically in TESOL and Japanese, as well as extensive experience in pre-service and in-service teacher education. Ann has designed and taught programs for teachers from Korea, China and most recently Papua, Indonesia.
- Languages and Cultures Network for Australian Universities (LCNAU)
- Applied Linguistics Association of Australia (ALAA)
- Citation Award, 2017, Commonwealth Office for Learning and Teaching (OLT). Awarded to Ann as part of the COR109 team in recognition for a collaborative transdisciplinary team culture, which facilitates an exemplary supportive tertiary education experience for first year students through scholarly and informed curricula and resources.
- Citation Award, 2012, Commonwealth Office of Learning and Teaching (OLT). Awarded to Ann as part of the International Project Group team for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning 'For stimulating systemic educational reform in Indonesian Papua through a unique, outcome-driven teacher education program for students within an Australian university'.
Professional Social Media
- second language learning and teaching
- transcultural education
- intercultural communication
- first year experience of university students
Ann Robertson's specialist areas of expertise include: languages, applied linguistics, communication, education
In the news
Travel scholarships boost USC projects in Indonesia15 Jan 2015
Four USC staff and students have been awarded travel scholarships by Garuda Indonesia Airline to pursue new teaching, research and study projects in Indonesia.