Associate Professor Gail Crimmins is a trained actor and director and currently engaged as Associate Professor in Communication and Associate Dean (Learning & Teaching). She is an active researcher within the areas of gender, education, and arts-informed research.
Gail published a monograph in 2018 and two edited volumes of essays (2019 and 2020), for the Gender and Education Series for Macmillan/Springer, UK., and authored over 30 journal articles and book chapters published in peer reviewed publications, including the Q1 Journals: Higher Education Research and Development, Discourse, Studies in the Cultural Politics and Education, and Gender and Education.
- Editorial Board of Higher Education Research & Development (HERD)
- Editorial Board of Gender and Education
- Universities Australia Executive Women's Group
- Gender and Education Association (GEA)
- Australian Association for Research in Education (AARE)
- Senior Fellow, Higher Education Academy, UK
- Citation Award, 2017, Commonwealth Office for Learning and Teaching (OLT). Awarded to Gail as part of the COR109 team in recognition for a collaborative transdisciplinary team culture, which facilitates an exemplary supportive tertiary education experience for first year students through scholarly and informed curricula and resources.
- Higher Education Academy (HEA) Fellowship, 2016, in recognition and reward of teaching excellence
- USC Advance Awards, 2016: AQT award for Advancing Quality Teaching. Awarded to teaching staff and teaching teams who engage students in a quality learning experience by applying rich and engaging teaching approaches that substantially improve students' learning experiences. Awarded to the COR109 team (including Gail Crimmins)
- HDR Special Presentation Award, Research Week, University of the Sunshine Coast, 2014
- People's Choice Best Presentation Award, Learning and Teaching Week, University of the Sunshine Coast, 2014
- Good Practice BLASST award for benchmarking leadership and advancement of standards for sessional teaching, National Office of Learning and Teaching, 2013
- Graduate Women Queensland Sunshine Coast Postgraduate Bursary, 2013
- Gender and Higher Education
- Feminist research
- Arts-informed research
- Narrative Inquiry
- Creative Industries
- Theatre and Performance
Key Recent Research Publications
Dr Gail Crimmins specialises in feminist research, gender and higher education, inclusivity and diversity in higher education, and arts-informed and narrative approaches to research.