Dr Andy Ward is a researcher focusing on songwriting, music theory, sustainability, and popular culture. Andy brings his years of industry practice to academia previously working as a songwriter, producer and performing artist. Today he continues to work with major record labels and music publishers on developing songs and artists from around the world. His research is focused on decolonising music hierarchies, narratology based music inquiry, performance technology, music industry research, regional and remote music, sustainability in creative economies, and further establishing songwriting-as-research methodologies.
Follow Andy on:
* This is an external website and USC is not responsible for the content.
- International Association for the Study of Popular Music (IASPM)
Awards and Fellowships
- Australian Postgraduate Award 2016-2018
- QUT Faculty of Creative Industries Dean’s Award for academic excellence 2014
Potential Research Projects for HDR and Honours Students
- Songwriting, Music, Production, and Performance.
- Narrative Theory.
- Sustainability and Creative Economies.
- performance technology
- music production
- Creative Industries
Andy’s main research interests include Musicology, Narratology, Sustainability, Music, Songwriting, and Creative Economies.