Dr Andy Ward is a songwriter, producer, and researcher focusing on contemporary songwriting, popular music production, and popular culture. His work spans multiple major and independent record labels and is internationally awarded, with his most recent major label project receiving 3 gold records from the European market.
Andy brings his years of industry practice to academia, and today continues to work with major record labels and music publishers on developing songs and artists from around the world.
His research is focused on creative practice music, health, and wellbeing, de-weaponising music, music industry research, regional and remote music, sustainability in creative economies, and further establishing songwriting-as-research.
- International Association for the Study of Popular Music (IASPM)
Australian Postgraduate Award 2016-2018
- QUT Faculty of Creative Industries Dean’s Award for academic excellence 2014
Professional Social Media
* This is an external website and USC is not responsible for the content.
Potential Research Projects for HDR & Honours Students
- Songwriting, Music, Production, and Performance
- Narrative Theory
- Sustainability and Creative Economies
- performance technology
- music production
- Creative Industries
Andy’s main research interests include Musicology, Narratology, Sustainability, Music, Songwriting, and Creative Economies.