Dr Lachlan Goold’s research focuses on the recording studio, music production practice, and government legislation affecting the music industry. Lachlan has an extensive career as a music producer and has won two ARIA awards for his work. Having worked with some of Australia’s finest popular music acts, Lachlan continues to engage in recording, mixing and production. Lachlan continues research in recording studio practice with a focus on remote and regional areas, the broader music industry, and the implications of alcohol related violence legislation on the music industry in Queensland.
Follow Lachlan on:
- Art of Record Production (ARP)
- International Association for the Study of Popular Music (IASPM)
- Australian Performing Rights Association (APRA)
Awards and Fellowships
- Australian Postgraduate Award, 2015-2017
Potential Research Projects for HDR and Honours Students
- Music production
- The recording studio and home-based recording studios
- Drugs, alcohol and the music industry
- DIY recording practice
- perceiving distortion in music production
- Queensland’s lock-out laws legislation
Lachlan's specialist areas of knowledge include the recording studio, music production practice, and government legislation affecting the music industry.