Levi has been involved in language education across the secondary and tertiary sectors for more than 17 years in both Australia and Japan. He was awarded a PhD in Applied Linguistics at Monash University (2020). Levi’s research explores the intersections between academic mobility, language learning and technology use. Most recently his research merged statistical and qualitative methods to explore factors which affect the linguistic development of students studying abroad. He is also passionate about innovating the language classroom to better reflect the needs of students in a post-COVID-19 world.
Stay in touch with Levi at:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviDurbidge
- Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Levi_Durbidge
- Australian Association of Applied Linguists (AALA)
- Japanese Studies Association of Australia (JSAA)
- Asian Studies Association of Australia (ASAA)
- Association for Language Awareness (ALA)
Awards and fellowships
- Dean's Sessional Commendation for outstanding contribution to teaching (Monash University): 2019
- RTP Scholarship (Monash University): 2017-2020
- Postgraduate Publication Award (Monash University): 2020
Potential research projects for HDR and Honours students:
- Language learning during and beyond study abroad
- Social media and language learning
- Study Abroad
- Applied Linguistics
- Japanese Studies
Dr Durbidge's specialist teaching areas of knowledge include Japanese, languages and linguistics.
- Languages and Linguistics
Dr Durbidge's specialist areas of knowledge include Japanese, languages and linguistics.