Prior to academia, Dr Noel Tracey lead operations at state and regional level for several well-known retail brands including BP Australia, Overflow and Timezone. He has held senior executive responsibilities for environmentally focused and sustainable businesses and consulted on a range of projects for small and large organisations. Noel has lectured for over 14 years at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels in the areas of sustainability, employment relations, management, leadership, innovation and technology management (MBA).
- Academy of Management
- Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management
- Senior Fellow, Higher Education Academy
- Innovation in Teaching and Learning, QUT Business School, 2014
- Teaching Excellence, QUT School of Management, 2010
- Certificate of Appreciation: Teaching and Learning Innovation, QUT Business School, 2009
|Project title||Investigators||Funding body||Year(s)||Focus|
|Embedding a Process to Encourage Graduate Capabilities in Critical Thinking.||E. French, N.Tracey||QUT Business School, (A$5,000)||2007||Develop an understanding of a best-practice approach for teaching critical thinking in business courses|
- Corporate Reputation
- Multi-site Retail Operations
- Student Engagement
- Organisational Behaviour
- Human Resources Management
- Employment Relations
- Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
- Tracey, N. & French, E (2017) Influence your firm’s reputation through its resilience: Results won’t happen overnight but they will happen! Corporate Reputation Review, 20(1), pp. 57-75.
- French, E. L. & Tracey, N. 2010. Critical Thinking and Organisation Theory: Embedding a Process to Encourage Graduate Capabilities. e-Journal of Business Education & Scholarship of Teaching, 4(1), 1 - 11.
Dr Noel Tracey’s specialist areas of knowledge include corporate reputation and its influence on corporate financial performance, technology implementation, process management and design, work-integrated learning, sustainability in business, organisational change and multi-site retail operations.