Inclusive by design: an 8-week journey to digital accessibility
Special launch price $995
This course runs over eight weeks, with six teaching weeks, and two weeks for assessment tasks. Each teaching week includes 4 one-hour online modules, plus 2 two-hour optional online workshops.
Eligible students (Australian citizens, permanent humanitarian visa holders and New Zealand Citizens who hold a Special Category Visa and meet the eligibility requirements) may seek assistance to defer payment via a FEE-HELP loan.
In this course
- Dates: Session 2, 2024 (starts 26 February) or Session 3, 2024 (starts 22 April)
- Duration: 8 weeks
- Study load: Part time
- Time commitment: This course runs over eight weeks, with six teaching weeks, and two weeks for assessment tasks. Each teaching week includes 4 one-hour online modules, plus 2 two-hour optional online workshops. Additional hours for assessment tasks and independent studies.
- Delivery mode: Online
- Certification and accreditation: Participants who complete this short course will receive their certification as a digital badge. Digital badges can be used in email signatures or digital resumes, and on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter. Each badge contains verified metadata that describes the qualification and the process required to earn them.
- Credit transfer: Successful completion of this course is equivalent to 24 units of electives credit*
*Dependent on availability of electives in the undergraduate program of study
Further course information including course outline
- Understanding inclusive design and accessibility
- Business case for inclusive design
- Digital culture and inclusivity
- Legislative requirements for business inclusivity
- Inclusive design principles · Analysing inclusivity
- Exploring different dimensions of accessibility, including sensory, mobility, demographic, sociocultural and neurological
- Analysing accessibility of business documents
- Creating accessible business documents
- Analysing accessibility of business communications
- Creating accessible business communications
- Analysing accessibility of web interfaces
- Creating accessible web interfaces
To find out more about Inclusive Digital Design for Business email IDD4B@usc.edu.au
UniSC launches 'Inclusive Digital Design for Business' course to foster accessibility and inclusion in the digital age
Digital communications are inescapable in our modern lives, but people with mobility, sensory, sociocultural, demographic, or neurological issues face barriers in accessing the digital communications, such as websites, others take for granted; UniSC's newly launched 'Inclusive Digital Design for Business' course aims to change that.
This project is supported by the Australian Government and the Department of Communities, Western Australia.