Use social media strategically and confidently for your business
This course is designed to increase your business’ social media performance.
This series of six modules will provide essential skills for assessing your business’ current performance in relation to its presence, target audience and competitors and will guide you in using this research to develop, implement and evaluate a social media strategy through the creation of compelling and strategic social media content that supports the achievement of your business goals. This course will be most beneficial for business owners or individuals seeking to enhance their social media presence and performance.
Become equipped to:
- Audit, monitor and measure your social media activities. Identify what is working and not working.
- Conduct audience research and competitor analysis.
- Develop a social media strategy.
- Create compelling written, graphic and video social media content for a range of platforms.
Module 1: How to Conduct a Social Media Audit
- Evaluate your current social media presence.
- Research your target audience.
- Analyse your competitors.
- Use this data to develop actions to support continuous improvement.
Module 2: How to Develop a Social Media Strategy
- Define social media goals, SMART Objectives, Key Messages and Target Audience.
- Select most relevant social media platforms to connect with target audiences.
- Develop actionable tactics to achieve strategic goals.
- Learn how to evaluate social media strategy performance.
Module 3: Social Media Monitoring and Measurement
- Understand the benefits and process of social listening.
- Learn how to evaluate social media data using platform tools such as Facebook and Instagram Insights.
- Develop actionable recommendations to enhance social media performance.
Module 4: Writing for Social Media
- Learn how to write engaging social media content for mainstream platforms.
- Understand how hashtags and tagging work on each platform.
- Learn how to incorporate keywords into social media content to improve searchability.
Module 5: Creating Social Media Content with Canva
- Understand what Canva is and what it can do.
- Learn how to use Canva to create compelling visual content for a range of social media platforms.
Module 6: Social Media Video Production
- Learn the basics of social media video production using your smartphone.
- Understand the recommended video requirements for each social media platform.
- Increase your awareness and experience of video editing tools.
Feedback from previous participants
"Amazing advice and tips for anything relating to social media."
"For the organization of PEP! We have a better understanding of what we are already doing well and the gaps we need to work on. Thank you for the excellent work, Karen!"
"The workshop has really helped us clarify our social media strategies. Couldn’t recommend it more highly. A definite 5 Star!"
"Karen is professional, approachable and extremely knowledgeable about all things Social. We greatly benefited from both an overarching strategic perspective and a list of tactical tips and tricks of the trade."