Are you ready to start uni now?
Headstart is for you if:
- You would like to take your school studies to a more advanced level.
- Overall, you are doing well at school (achieving at least a B-grade average).
- You have a passion or skill in a particular area of study at school.
- You can manage your own studies and schedule of commitments.
- You have the academic skills to research study topics, write assessment pieces and sit for exams.
If the statements above describe you then it's time to follow our easy 3-step application process.
Step 1: Assess your options
Check your eligibility for Headstart, figure out what courses you are interested in, and plan which semesters you will study Headstart.
Step 2: Discuss with your school
Get your school's support for your application and check the course you want to study fits in with your school schedule and other commitments.
Step 3: Complete and submit your application
Complete the Headstart School Statement of Support Form and nominate the course you want to study. Your school’s Headstart Coordinator will then complete the School's Statement of Support and return the form to you. Head to ApplyUSC and submit your online application to study a Headstart course and upload your completed form and supporting documentation to USC by the due date. Click Step 3 for further details.
Apply for additional Headstart courses
After successfully completing one Headstart course, we strongly encourage you to continue Headstart and benefit from studying at uni while in Year 11 and 12.