Scholarship applications for Semester 1 2024 are now open and will close on 30 November 2023.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by close of business, 29 February 2024.
Moreton Bay Regional Council is committed to improving the region’s tertiary participation rate by creating education opportunities for local residents, and supporting the leaders of tomorrow to study at UniSC Moreton Bay or UniSC Caboolture.
The Moreton Bay Regional Council (MBRC) Scholarship provides assistance to students with demonstrated financial need and the academic potential to achieve their education and career goals.
The Moreton Bay Regional Council (MBRC) Study Support Bursaries are available to students from the Moreton Region undertaking an undergraduate degree at UniSC Moreton Bay or UniSC Caboolture. Up to sixteen (16) bursaries will be offered annually, valued at $2,000 each. Student recipients will receive payment in regular fortnightly instalments over the semester the bursary is awarded.
For further information about the bursaries please refer to the MBRC website.
Please Note: These bursaries are offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the bursaries will not be awarded.
- full-time student in any undergraduate program at UniSC's Moreton Bay or Caboolture campus
- completed at least one semester and have a grade point average 4.0 or higher
- resident of the Moreton Bay Regional Council region at the time of the application
- demonstrated financial need
- be a permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or a permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
Students who have previously received a Moreton Bay Regional Council Study Support Bursary are eligible to apply.
- Selection criteria
- financial need
- hours worked in paid employment or commitment to activities that impact on the time available to the student to study, including but not limited to compulsory fieldwork/clinical placement, significant carer responsibilities
- academic merit
- Eligible programs
- All undergraduate programs
- Number available
- Up to 16 per year (12 in semester 1 and 4 in semester 2)