Scholarship applications for Semester 1 2024 are now open and will close on 30 November 2023.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by close of business, 29 February 2024
The Unitywater Bright Future for First Nation Students Scholarship aims to support the advancement of education and upskilling of the workforce through providing financial support for deserving First Nation students. Receiving this scholarship may lead to employment opportunities though Unitywater's graduate program.
The Scholarship will be awarded to a First Nation student enrolled in one of the eligible programs who has an interest in the water industry, and is paid over two (2) years in instalments of $1,250 per Semester after Census Date.
Unitywater Careers - Explore career pathway opportunities with Unitywater including current vacancies, Graduate Development Program, Vacation Program and work experience.
Short-listed candidates may be required to provide a current copy of their resume and a covering letter.
Please Note: This scholarship is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship will not be awarded.
- identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- be enrolled in part-time or full-time undergraduate study at UniSC in one of the following programs:
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Information and Communications Technology
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business (HRM)
- Bachelor of Business (Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology)
- any bachelor level degree within the School of Science, Technology and Engineering
- minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0
- be commencing the penultimate year of study at UniSC
- Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder or Permanent Resident of Australia
- Selection criteria
- academic merit
- commitment to fully participate in work placement activities or other opportunities which may be offered by Unitywater
- Eligible programs
- Bachelor of Computer Science, Bachelor of Information and Communications Technology, Bachelor of Business, Bachelor of Business (HRM), Bachelor of Business (Management), Bachelor of Business (Marketing), Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), Bachelor of Social Science (Psychology), any bachelor level degree within the School of Science and Engineering
- Number available