Scholarship applications for Semester 1 2024 are now open and will close on 30 November 2023.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by close of business, 29 February 2024
The Unitywater Bright Future in Engineering Scholarship aims to support the advancement of education and upskilling of the workforce through providing financial support for deserving students which may lead to employment opportunities though Unitywater's graduate program.
The Scholarship will be awarded to a Civil Engineering student who has an interest in water and the environment, and is paid over two (2) or three (3) years in instalments per semester to the value of $10,000. The duration and instalment value will depend on what year level the recipient is in when awarded the scholarship.
Unitywater Careers - Explore career pathway opportunities with Unitywater including current vacancies, Graduate Development Program, Vacation Program and work experience.
Short-listed candidates may be required to provide a current copy of their resume and a covering letter.
Please Note: This scholarship is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship will not be awarded.
- part-time or full-time undergraduate student
- enrolled in one of the following degrees: Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours) or a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours) / Bachelor of Environmental Science double degree; or Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical) (Honours)
- commencing 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of study:
- if completing the four-year Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours), students commencing 2nd or 3rd year having successfully completed at least one year of full-time study
- if completing the five-year Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours)/ Bachelor of Environmental Science double degree, students commencing 3rd or 4th year having successfully completed at least two years of full-time study
- achieving a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 4.0
- Permanent Resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- high academic merit
- commitment to fully participate in work placement activities or other opportunities which may be offered by Unitywater
- Eligible programs
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours) or Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours)/ Bachelor of Environmental Science
- Number available
A$10,000 paid over two (2) or three (3) years