Applications for Semester 1 2023 scholarships are now open.
Applicants will be advised the outcome of their application by close of business on Tuesday 28 February 2023.
The Unitywater Bright Future in Engineering Scholarship aims to support the advancement of education and upskilling of the workforce through providing financial support for deserving students which may lead to employment opportunities though Unitywater's graduate program.
The Scholarship will be awarded to a Civil Engineering student who has an interest in water and the environment, and is paid over two (2) years in instalments of $2,500 per Semester after Census Date.
Unitywater Careers - Explore career pathway opportunities with Unitywater including current vacancies, Graduate Development Program, Vacation Program and work experience.
Short-listed candidates may be required to provide a current copy of their resume and a covering letter.
Please Note: This scholarship is offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, the scholarship will not be awarded.
- full-time undergraduate student
- enrolled in one of the following degrees: Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours) or a Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours)/ Bachelor of Environmental Science double degree
- commencing penultimate year of study: If completing the four-year Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours), commencing third year having successfully completed two years of full-time study OR if completing the five-year Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours)/ Bachelor of Environmental Science double degree, commencing fourth year having successfully completed three years
- achieving a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 5.0
- Permanent Resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- high academic merit
- Please provide a short statement addressing the following points:
- your demonstrated interest in the water industry
- your interest in the environment
- your commitment to fully participate in work placement activities or other opportunities which may be offered by Unitywater to the Scholarship Recipient
- Eligible programs
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours) or Bachelor of Engineering (Civil) (Honours)/ Bachelor of Environmental Science
- Number available
A$10,000 paid over two (2) years