Scholarship applications for Semester 1 2024 are now closed.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by close of business, 29 February 2024.
The Indigenous Student Success Program (ISSP) is intended to assist indigenous students who are from low-income backgrounds, and indigenous students who face significant financial barriers to studying at university.
These scholarships are for indigenous undergraduate students enrolled in a Commonwealth-supported program at UniSC and will be available subject to funding from the federal government.
Recipients will receive $2,500 over two semesters ($1,250 per semester) and is to assist indigenous students to meet the costs of living while studying.
Recipients will receive $5,000 over two semesters ($2,500 per semester) and is to assist indigenous students who have relocated from a rural or remote area to commence study at UniSC.
Scholarship payments will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date of each Semester, once enrolment has been confirmed.
Please note: If you are a recipient of a UniSC Indigenous Student Success Scholarship or an Indigenous Commonwealth Scholarship, you cannot receive more than a combined total of 8 payments of the undergraduate Education Costs Scholarship or 8 payments of the undergraduate Relocation Costs Scholarship. However if you have already received a total of 8 payments of these scholarships you will still be eligible to apply for the UniSC Indigenous Equity Bursary.
- identifying as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person
- enrolled full-time in any undergraduate program at UniSC (or part-time, where there are exceptional circumstances preventing full-time enrolment)
- has not previously completed the requirements of an undergraduate program
- evidence of financial need
- relocating from a rural, regional or remote area to study at UniSC (UniSC Indigenous Relocation Costs Scholarships only)
- Selection criteria
- financial need
- other equity considerations and personal circumstances
- relocation status (UniSC Indigenous Relocation Costs Scholarships only)
- Eligible programs
- All undergraduate programs
- Number available