People and Culture provides services, expertise and advice to support the achievement of the University's staffing strategies which focus on leadership, organisational and staff development and productive workplace relations within a framework of effective risk management and legislative compliance.
People and Culture plays significant roles in:
- ensuring the University has the staff needed to achieve its Mission and Goals
- building efficient People and Culture infrastructure through the development and implementation of effective P&C policies, processes and practices
- advising and supporting managers and staff in their work
- contributing to the development of the organisation by ensuring staff capability
The key functions People and Culture performs are:
- workforce planning
- job design, analysis and evaluation
- recruitment, selection and appointment
- induction and probation
- Performance and Development Cycle
- staff and organisational development
- academic promotion
- managing unsatisfactory performance / misconduct / serious misconduct
- workplace relations (including enterprise bargaining) Enterprise Agreement 2023
- WorkCover and rehabilitation management
- health, safety and wellbeing
- reporting and legal compliance.
All roles and functions are undertaken in collaboration with University managers and staff.
For more information contact People and Culture.