All outlets are closed weekends and public holidays. Rip City Kiosk may open weekends pending scheduled events in the sporting precinct.
Mid-Semester Break 27/09/2021-01/10/2021
|Brasserie Coffee Shop||7.45am-4.45pm||7.45am-3.45pm||
7.30am - 1.30pm (Reduced menu)
|Cup of E coffee cart||7.30am-3.30pm||7.30am-3.30pm||
|Rip City Kiosk||7am-2pm||7am-2pm||
7am - 2pm (Mon-Fri)
|Good Bean - Piazza||7.30am-5pm||7.30am-5pm||
|Cherry Blossom Express||10am-3pm||10am-3pm||
Semester break hours are adjusted for each break depending on maintenance and University requirements. Please check back closer to each break period for upcoming opening hours.
The University's cafes and eateries sell a range of meals, snacks and refreshments:
- The Brasserie and Brasserie Coffee Shop are located on the ground floor of the Science Building (Building I). They offer pre-made sandwiches, rolls, hot meals and snacks, coffee, drinks and juices.
- Café C is located on the ground floor of the Chancellery Building (Building C). It serves a variety of light meals, fresh salads, sandwiches and coffee, drinks and juices.
- The Rip City Kiosk is located on the ground floor of the Health and Sport Centre (Building T) and provides coffee, cold drinks and healthy snacks.
- Good Bean is located between the Information Communications Technology Building (Building J) and the Library. Good Bean serve pre-made wraps, salads and snacks, juices and coffee.
- Cherry Blossom Tree Express are located on the Brasserie Courtyard beside Building I. Specialising in Asian cuisine, they serve sushi, noodles and Japanese curries.
- The Cup of E coffee cart is located inside the Learning and Teaching Hub (Building E) and serves Campos Coffee, pastries, cookies and other confectionery. A selection of teas and cold drinks are also available.
- Miss Koko is located under the Library stairs and provides plant-based light meals and drinks, including fresh juices, shakes, smoothies, wraps, waffles, soft serve desserts and acai bowls. All vegan and gluten-fee.
USC also offers a range of venue services, with venues and facilities throughout the campus available for hire. The University has sole rights to function catering on campus.
Student Services Amenities Fee (SSAF) discounts
Federal government legislation determines that funds derived from SSAF can be spent on providing food or drink to students on a campus of the higher education provider. USC therefore provides the Student Food Subsidy at the Brasserie and Cafe C with students being able to purchase a main hot meal for A$5.50 and other subsidised items.
Please note: A valid USC Student Identification card must be shown prior to payment being made.
COVID-19 - Currently closed until further notice.
During Semester: Closed
Easter and Summer breaks: Closed
Christmas break: Closed
Other shops and cafés are just a short walk from USC Fraser Coast.
There are also kitchenettes and a common room available for students' use.
There is a canteen located opposite the USC Gympie building in Block A of the Wide Bay Institute of TAFE (Gympie Campus).
Fridays: 8:30am - 1:30pm
The canteen is closed Saturday–Sunday and during school holidays.
Students can also access a vending machine inside the USC Gympie building and there is a student kitchen equipped with a fridge, microwave, basic cutlery and utensils, tea, coffee and milk.
Selling award-winning coffee, hot curries, salads, toasted sandwiches and the best brownies around.
Also offer student discounts on a main hot meal, salads and sandwiches.
During Semester: 7.30am-4pm (Monday - Friday)
Study Break Week and Exams: 8am - 1pm (Monday and Tuesday, 27 September - 04 October 2021)
O'Week: 7.30am - 2.30pm (21 and 22 July)
Breaks: Closed 28 June - 25 July 2021
Christmas break: Closed
Selling prescribed textbooks and stationery.
For campus shop opening hours please visit their website at www.edugear.com.au.
Alternative times can be arranged by appointment (please contact email@example.com)
Semester 2: 10am - 1pm, (Week 9- closed), 10am-2pm (Weeks 10 and 11)
Study week & Exam week: Open by appointment (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mid-semester break: Closed (27 September - 1 October)
Christmas break: To be advised
Caboolture Campus Cafe
Offering cold drinks, hot food (chips, burgers, pies, sausage rolls, hot dogs, bacon & egg muffins, etc), sandwiches, wraps and snacks.
Monday-Friday during teaching weeks: 7.30am-2pm.
A coffee van is on-campus most days during teaching weeks from 7.30am-1pm.
USC Student Commons Building (N Block)
During campus opening hours, students can access the USC Student Commons Building, located in N Block. In this building, students have access to a kitchen which is regularly stocked with tea, coffee, milk, snacks and subsidised light meals during semester. Kitchen appliances such as a refrigerator, microwaves and a sandwich press are available. The USC Student Guild also operate a Food Bank from this building.
Queensland Textbook Warehouse (QTW)
Selling prescribed textbooks and stationery on-campus.
QTW are open Tuesday & Thursdays, 10am-2pm. On-line ordering is available.
As the campus is located within the vibrant and busy South Bank precinct, there are numerous places to eat within a short walk. All are open Monday-Friday and many late into the evening.