BEST FIELD TRIP IN THE WORLD
Entries have now closed
2023 Terms and conditions of entry
1. The University of the Sunshine Coast ABN 28 441 859 157 (UniSC) located at UniSC Sippy Downs (90 Sippy Downs Drive, Sippy Downs QLD 4556) is the Promoter.
2. The Promoter is running the “Best Field Trip in the World Competition” (the Competition).
3. Entry into the Competition will be deemed as acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend all or any part of the Competition without notice for any event that is outside of the Promoter’s reasonable control. Any changes to, or cancellation of, the Competition will be posted on the Promoter’s website (www.usc.edu.au). It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any such changes.
5. Entry to the Competition opens at 9:00am AEST on Monday 6 February 2023 and ends at 11:59pm AEST on Wednesday 15 March 2023.
6. Entry into the Competition is via the following website: www.usc.edu.au/best-field-trip-in-the-world/enter.
7. Entry into the Competition is only open to students currently enrolled at an Australian high school in Years 11 or 12, and who hold Australian citizenship or a valid student visa.
8. Entrants must have obtained the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter the Competition (if applicable).
9. Staff members or family of staff members of the Promoter are ineligible to enter the Competition.
10. Entrants must register individually.
11. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
12. No responsibility is taken by the Promoter for late, lost or misdirected entries.
13. There is no fee to enter the Competition, but entrants are responsible for all the costs associated with preparing their entry.
14. By entering the Competition, entrants hereby warrant that all information submitted in an entry is true, accurate and complete in every respect.
15. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time to verify the validity of entries and the eligibility of participants (including a participant’s age, address, enrolment status, and identity) and to disqualify any participant who:
(a) tampers with the entry process; or
(b) does not comply with these Terms and Conditions.
16. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
17. Entrants to the Competition must create and submit a Short Video Entry (maximum 60 seconds in duration) which responds to the Competition question, being: What do you hope to gain from this experience?
Short Video Entry
18. A Short Video Entry must be submitted via the following website: www.usc.edu.au/best-field-trip-in-the-world/enter and entrants must complete the Competition entry form and all required fields when making a submission, including provision of a valid email address and phone number.
19. Entrants must not include any images in a Short Film Entry that identify other people or businesses without express approval and otherwise must ensure that all appropriate notifications and permissions are in place.
20. Entries are limited to one (1) Short Video Entry per entrant.
21. Entrants warrant that their Short Video Entry, and its use by the Promoter, will not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party.
22. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible Short Video Entries will be deemed to be invalid by the Promoter in its sole discretion.
23. By entering the Competition, entrants agree to grant to the Promoter a world-wide, non-exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable and transferrable licence to use the intellectual property rights (including copyright) in the entrants’ Short Video Entries for the purposes of:
(a) conducting the Competition;
(b) ongoing educational purposes; and
(c) use in promotional, advertising and marketing materials, publications and/or on the Promoter’s website and social media channels.
24. Failure to adhere to the Competition Rules may result in disqualification, which will be at the absolute discretion of the Promoter.
Judging and Prize
25. The Short Video Entries will be judged on Thursday, 16 March 2023 between the hours of 9.00am-5.00pm AEST by a pre-determined panel of judges as selected by the Promoter in its sole discretion (Panel).
26. The Panel will judge the quality and creativity of each entrant’s Short Video Entry in accordance with the following judging criteria:
(c) Emotion; and
27. The Panel will award each entrant’s Short Video Entry with a score (in their absolute discretion).
28. The Panel will select five winners with the overall highest scores (in their absolute discretion) (Prize Winners).
29. Each selected Prize Winner and their parent/legal guardian (if applicable) will win the Best Field Trip in the World experience to be carried out in various locations between Brisbane and K’gari (Fraser Island) between Thursday, 13 April 2023 and Sunday, 16 April 2023 (the Prize).
30. The Prize includes:
(a) Return travel from the Prize Winner’s residing destination (noting that travel may be outside of Thursday, 13 April 2023 and Sunday, 16 April 2023 depending on the Prize Winner’s location);
(b) All transfers, accommodation and meals;
(c) Corporate box tickets to an NRL game between the Dolphins and the Rabbitohs at Suncorp Stadium;
(d) Tour of Australia Zoo;
(e) HavenXR at UniSC Sunshine Coast;
(f) Surf lesson in Noosa;
(g) Overnight stay at K’gari;
(h) Suncorp Super Netball game at UniSC Arena Sunshine Coast.
31. The Promoter will notify the Prize Winners by email and telephone on Friday, 17 March 2023. A Prize Winner must reply to the email within 48 hours from the time of the Promoter’s notification by email.
32. If the Promoter is unable to contact a Prize Winer by 5pm AEST on Tuesday, 21 March 2023, that Prize Winner will forfeit the Prize and the Prize may be awarded to the next best Short Video Entry (as determined by the Panel in their absolute discretion). The new Prize Winner will be contacted by email and telephone on Tuesday, 21 March 2023 and must reply to the email within 48 hours from the time of the Promoter’s notification by email.
33. The Prize cannot be exchanged or redeemed for cash and is non-transferable.
34. All travel arrangements will be made by the Promotor to meet the requirements of the Prize
35. If the Prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of similar value and/or specification.
36. The Promoter’s decision as to the Prize winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the outcome of the Competition or otherwise.
37. The Promoter is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of the Prize. Any costs incurred by the Prize Winners as a result of cancellation, delay or rescheduling (including accommodation costs) are the responsibility of the Prize Winners.
38. The Promoter makes no representations about the safety, conduct or conditions associated with the Prize.
39. The Promoter may, but is not obliged, to publish the results of the Competition. Unless otherwise advised by the participant, by entering this Competition, participants agree to the Promoter publishing their name and image as a Prize Winner on the UniSC website (www.usc.edu.au).
40. If, due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the integrity or administration of the Competition is adversely affected, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion:
(a) to disqualify any individual or participant; or
(b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition, as appropriate.
41. In the event of any dispute regarding the conduct or results of the Competition, or any other matter relating to the Competition, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and unchallengeable and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into, comment issued, or reason given in respect of any decision made by the Promoter.
42. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to change these Terms and Conditions.
43. The Promoter may use any personal information that an entrant provides with their entry for the purposes of the Competition, and for marketing purposes including the distribution of regular email updates or newsletters. Any personal information relating to entrants will be used in compliance with the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld), and as per the Promoter’s Information Management Framework - Governing Policy.
44. The Promoter may capture, use, reproduce, edit, and disclose photographs, audio and video of entrants, including of Prize Winners captured during the Prize experience, for use in promotional and marketing materials, publications and/or on its website and other social media platforms. Entrants acknowledge and accept that they are not entitled to any payment for the Promoter’s use of their image.
45. The Promoter may promote the Competition on its social media channels via Meta Platforms, Inc. (Facebook and Instagram) and TikTok. The Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or TikTok. Entrants understand that they are providing their information to Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok, in addition to the Promoter.
46. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents), in addition to Meta Platforms, Inc. (Facebook and Instagram) and TikTok (including their officers, employees and agents), exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
(b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
(c) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
(d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
(e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or participant; or
(f) use of the Prize.
47. Each participant indemnifies and keeps indemnified the Promoter against all claims, losses, damages and expenses suffered by the Promoter or any third parties arising out of the breach of these Terms and Conditions by the participant, the conduct of the participant in the Competition or the use of the Prize.
48. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland. If any of these Terms and Conditions are or become invalid, at the Promoter’s option, the relevant part is severed, and doesn’t affect the validity of the remaining parts.
49. Any questions or concerns arising in relation to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions may be raised by emailing the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org.