Visit Australia and experience the best of Australian wildlife, environment and culture.
Our tours help create new opportunities and pathways to build global knowledge and skills.
We partner with other academic institutions around the world that want to expand their fields of knowledge by learning in Australia. USC runs study tours for USA and Asian universities from many different disciplines, however, the one thing they all have in common is USC's sustainability and conservation focus.
USC short term study tours are flexible in their content and mode of deliver and are customised to include short courses at USC, opportunities to network, and travel to visit and observe relevant Australian facilities.
You choose the delivery mode, the length of tour and the activities and inclusions and we will design a program for you based on your discipline focus, budget and time in country.
We can cater for many disciplines including but not limited to:
- environmental (animal ecology, management, marine)
- outdoor education
- elite sports and exercise
- logistics and marketing
- health science
- indigenous culture
- English Language plus discipline
- plus many others - just ask!
Delivery mode and length of program
Faculties from all over the world bring their students to USC to take advantage of our modern campus with leading edge facilities and immersive learning activities unique to Australia.
Programs are run to suit your teaching semester and breaks. In 2019 / 2020 these are:
|USC taught program||Popular with many of our partner universities around the world, USC teaching professionals provide lectures and academic content for a specific learning program and take students to relevant Australian locations to enhance their study experiences.|
|A joint study tour||USC teaching professionals provide specialist or guest lecturers to assist Faculty-led programs.|
|Length of tour||USC offers programs from 7 to 30 days.|
Courses include activities and excursions that complement and expand the class material for greater learning outcomes.
Credit value: 3 Course credits (USA) *
Courses are run either as a 2 or 4 weeks program
- Winter: 2 weeks January
- Summer: 2 – 4 weeks May to August
Australian culture and environment:
- Indigenous Australia
- Australian lifestyle and leisure
- Politics and International Relations
- Sunshine Coast tourism
- Australian environment
International Political Science: A comparative study of Australian and US political systems
- International Politics: An Australian Perspective
- Australian identity
- Politics of the USA
- International Security
- Politics and Security in East Asia
- Introduction to Indigenous Australia
- Indigenous Australia and the State
- Indigenous People and the environment
- Indigenous art and story telling
- Understanding indigenous connection to country
English Language Only 2-4 Weeks
- General English Classes
- Activities/ Excursions to showcase Australian culture, environment and lifestyle
English Language Program with Discipline classes * 2-4 Weeks
- General English classes
- Audit classes associated with your Discipline with Australian students
- Local school visits
- Activities/ excursions – as above.
* Conditions apply
Activities and inclusions
While your itinerary is developed to meet your discipline-specific requirements, desired learning outcomes and the length of time you want to spend in Australia, included talks and activities give students an experience of local culture, iconic wildlife and Australia's natural beauty.
Study tour inclusions:
- Airport pick up and return (Brisbane)
- All accommodation
- an orientation to the USC campus
- workplace health and safety briefing
- welcome and farewell dinners
- welcome to country and introduction to Australian Indigenous culture
- staff and student access to USC sporting facilities, USC Library and Wifi
- classroom space
- free talks and tours
- a visit to Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo
- Tours to local attractions eg: Eumundi Markets/Ginger Factory, Sunshine Coast hinterland, Noosa Biosphere, Caloundra Aviation Museum
- A two night/three day visit to World Heritage K'gari-Fraser Island
- A two night/three day visit to the Great Barrier Reef
- Sunshine Coast University Hospital
- English Language classes
- Stand-up paddleboarding / surfing lessons
- Humpback whale watching / swimming (seasonal July-September)
- USC campus: Varsity – student accommodation.
- USC local: Homestay
- Mooloolaba: Apartment
- Noosa: As requested
- K'gari-Fraser Island: Kingfisher Bay or K'gari-Fraser Island Research and Learning Centre - Dilli Village