Learning Advisers are trained professionals who are ready to help you develop a wide range of academic skills. Learning Advisers can meet with you for a one-on-one or group consultation to:
- discuss an aspect of your assignment and academic expectations
- help you gain study skills and work on your writing skills
They can help you with:
- task management and analysing assignment questions,
- researching, referencing and using relevant supporting evidence,
- academic integrity,
- reading, listening and note-taking,
- academic writing, proofreading and editing strategies,
- oral presentations,
- basic computer skills such as formatting and page set-up, and
- mathematical and statistical concepts (Learning STEM Advisers).
The Learning Advisers have put together a How to learn online resource for students. It contains tips on how to get the most out of online tutorials and lectures and advice on how to complete assessments online.