Who are advisers?
Learning advisers are trained professionals who are ready to help you develop a wide range of academic skills.
Want to discuss your learning skills or your assignments? You can book a free consultation to support your learning at university at any time during your study.
How can they help?
Learning advisers can meet with you for a one-on-one or group consultation to:
- discuss an aspect of your assignment and academic expectations
- help you gain study skills and work on your writing skills
They can help you with:
- task management and analysing assignment questions
- researching, referencing and using relevant supporting evidence
- academic integrity
- reading, listening and note taking
- academic writing, proofreading and editing strategies
- oral presentations
- basic computer skills such as formatting and page set-up
- mathematical and statistical concepts (Learning STEM Advisers)
Make an appointment
Make an appointment with an Learning Adviser by using your USC username and password to log into Student Hub, then under the Learning tab, select Book appointment. Contact Student Central for further assistance.
Students may access up to four 30 minute appointments per semester (limited to one appointment per any given week).
- Face-to-face and phone appointments available - check regularly for updated availability
What to bring:
- your assignment and course outline
- assignment instructions, marking criteria/rubric and questions
- any notes or drafts you have prepared for the assignment
If the assignment is confusing you, or if you are having difficulty with the course content, please see your tutor or lecturer.
Contact Student Central.