Referencing is acknowledging the source of information and ideas that you have used in your own writing. Check out the Referencing and Academic Integrity resource to find out more.
Referencing is important because you need to:
- Acknowledge the ideas and work of others
- Demonstrate you’ve read widely
- Lend credibility to your arguments
- Shield against plagiarism
- Allows the reader to find the source
Check out the Referencing and Academic Integrity resource to find out more.
The term academic integrity means taking an ethical, honest and responsible approach to study and research. Please follow this link to learn more about academic integrity.