The UniSC Indigenous Scholarship was established in 2011 to support new students at UniSC, or a continuing UniSC student wishing to pursue post-graduate studies or an Honours undergraduate qualification.
- A$4,000 to be paid in instalments over two (2) semesters, or pro-rata on a sessional/unitised basis for students studying part-time.
- Funding will be paid to the applicant's nominated bank account, which must be held in their own name.
- In addition, all applicable tuition fees will be waived for successful applicants.
Applicants will be commencing an Honours program or post-graduate studies at UniSC (eg existing UniSC students in these programs are not eligible). Applicants will be of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander descent; and have completed an undergraduate qualification in any subject discipline. No other major UniSC or external scholarship may be held in conjunction with this scholarship. This does not preclude bursaries.
Applications will be considered in accordance with the following selection criteria:
- Financial need;
- Demonstrated involvement within and/or for Indigenous communities; and
- Evidence of Aboriginality and/or Torres Strait Islander descent (not required when former UniSC students have already met this criterion).
How to apply
- Complete the application form, giving a brief statement of your involvement within or for Indigenous communities and a short statement in regards to your career and personal goals.
- Attach supporting documentation, as evidence of:
- your current financial status (eg Australian Tax Office annual income printout for yourself and your supporting partner or supporting parent(s), or 2-3 current payslips; current copy of your Centrelink income statement and your health care card if you receive these entitlements), and
- your undergraduate qualification (eg certified copy of transcript or certificate). This is not required for former UniSC students.
When to apply
Applications are accepted all year round and will remain current for 12 months. Applications will be considered in the next offer round after lodgement and if unsuccessful will be considered in the subsequent offer rounds for the year.