USC has developed and adopted a multi-campus, institution-wide Students as Partners (SaP) approach to student representation, governance and leadership.
This unique approach provides a wide range of partnership opportunities to amplify the student voice, improve the student experience, build graduate attributes, develop leadership skills and enhance employability. It aims to increase student success and engagement in learning, as well as enable academic and professional staff to design and support engaged student learning.
By engaging with a number of SaP opportunities, students can also accrue points towards the Student Leadership Award.
Student Leadership Award eligibility
To be eligible for the USC Student Leadership Award, students must have:
- Accrued a total of 1,000 points, with at least one activity in each of the following categories: volunteer contribution, professional development or learning enrichment. See more information on each category below.
Submitted a record of activities and completed a final reflection task (written, video, interview or portfolio)
Completed an academic award at USC (Bachelor, Honours, Masters or HDR)
Volunteer at University or local community, social, cultural or sporting events, for example:
- Volunteering at Orientation (10 points per hour)
- Volunteering at a local Club, community or charity organisation (80 points per season)
Undertaken in addition to your degree, for example:
- Attending an industry specific PD event (10 points per hour)
- Presenting at a conference (15 points per hour)
- Attending a Careers Development Workshop (10 points)
- Attending an Academic Skills Workshop (10 points per hour)
Current leadership opportunities