This course requires students to conceptualise the role heath care systems play in responding to individual and community health in Australia. The course explores the social constructions of health and considers the role legislation and policy play in determining people’s health across a range of social groups and health issues. A particular focus of the course is mental illness and the nature of professional practice in public mental health services which have authority to treat people against their wishes under the Mental Health Act.
- Enrolled in any PGRD Program
- Semester of offer*:
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band:
- Band 1
- Tuition fee:
- Behavioural Science, Social Studies:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.