Without solid foundations, all built structures are in danger of collapse. This practical course uses a systems design cycle approach to initially inspect and test soil properties. Based on these results, you learn how to design, construct, test and assess the performance of structures within and upon the soil. It is a problem-based learning course where you work individually and in groups to self-direct your learning. Over a semester you conduct a field-based geotechnical project for a ‘client’ to whom you report progress. The project is complemented by laboratory testing and theory.
- ENG312 and enrolled in Program SC410, SC425, AB101, UU301 or XU301
- CIV3403 (USQ equivalent Course)
- Semester of offer: *
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Student contribution band:
- Band 2
- Tuition fee:
- Science, Engineering, Surveying:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
ENG432 Course Outline Semester 2, 2018 (PDF 453KB) Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.