In this course you will gain an understanding of the broad range of factors integral to mental health and mental illness. You have the opportunity to integrate theory and develop skills related to mental health promotion with a focus on individuals and/or families experiencing mental health concerns. You will explore and apply therapeutic communication skills, mental health assessment tools, and clinical management plans. The focus will be multidisciplinary using a consumer recovery paradigm.
- PAR341 or NUR301
- Semester of offer: *
- Fraser Coast: Semester 1, Session 8
- Gympie: Semester 1
- Sunshine Coast Health Institute: Semester 1
- Sippy Downs: Semester 1, Session 8
- Caboolture: Semester 1, Session 8
- Student contribution band:
- Band IA
- Tuition fee:
- Census date:
- Academic Calendar
- Class Timetable:
- View class timetables for this course
* Semester of offer is subject to change.
HLT301 Course Outline Semester 1, 2018 (PDF 297KB) Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.
For PDF documents you must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded from the Adobe Download page.