Applications are now open for Semester 2 2019. Applications close on 31 May 2019.
Study support bursary for full time undergraduate students enrolled in second semester with a major or minor in Music.
Offered for the first time in Semester 2, 2019, the Medicine on Second Music Bursary shall be awarded to one (1) undergraduate student who has declared a music major or minor each year. The student may be studying at any USC campus.
Medicine on Second is a modern, award-winning medical practice with staff who appreciate the role music plays in the health of their patients. Medicine on Second's managing director, Dr Michael Ryan, recognises that it is difficult for students to keep up with their studies, work, and pursue their passion for music. It is the hope that this bursary will allow students to continue their love of music wherever their career path takes them.
The bursary will be valued at $2,000 and paid in eight fortnightly instalments of $250 after enrolment checks are done following Census date of Semester 2
- full-time domestic students in any undergraduate program with a major or minor in Music
- students must have completed at least one semester at USC (48 credit points)
- minimum grade point average (GPA) of 4.0
- Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder or permanent resident of Australia
- Selection criteria
- financial need
- hours worked in paid employment or commitment to activities that impact on the time available for the student to study (e.g. compulsory fieldwork placement, significant carer responsibilities)
- academic merit
- Eligible programs
- All undergraduate programs
- Number available