Applications for Semester 2, 2020 are now open and will close on 31 May 2020.
Selections will be held in July/August with all applicants being notified of the outcome of their application by close of business on Friday 28 August 2020.
Supporting second year undergraduate Bachelor of Laws (LLB) or combined law student who has successfully completed at least eight courses.
The Justin Crosby Memorial Law Bursary has been established by the Sunshine Coast Law Association Inc. to honour the memory of Justin Crosby. Justin provided outstanding legal service to residents of the Sunshine Coast over a long period of time. The recipient will receive A$2,500 in 2nd year and $2,500 in 3rd year of the bursary paid as A$2,500 lump sum following enrolment and eligibility checks after Census date.
In addition, three (3) Justin Crosby Textbook Bursaries valued at $1,000 each will be offered in 2019 and 2020 paid to the recipients as a lump sum payment in the relevant semester of study.
Please note: This bursaries are offered on a yearly basis through funds provided by an external donor. If funding is not available in any given year, these bursaries will not be awarded.
- full-time second year undergraduate student
- enrolled in a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) program (including combined law programs) at USC
- has successfully completed first year of studies (8 courses) in the LLB program
- must be either an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder or Australian Permanent Resident Visa
- Selection criteria
- demonstrated academic merit based on the student's first-year results in the first year in a Bachelor of Laws program
- demonstrated financial need
- preference given to students who attended secondary school on the Sunshine Coast
- Eligible programs
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) or combined law programs
- Number available
A$8,000 per year - One (1) x A$5,000 bursary + Three (3) x A$1,000 bursaries