Applications are now closed for Semester 1, 2020.
Selections will be held in January/February with all applicants being notified of the outcome of their application by Friday, 28 February 2020.
Women play key roles in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), however the gender imbalance in these fields still exists. To support and encourage women in STEM, Sunshine Coast Airport Pty Ltd will provide one scholarship to assist a female student enrolled in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) related program at USC.
The Sunshine Coast Airport Women in STEM Scholarship will be valued at A$6,000 per year for the standard duration of the recipient's program (3-4 years), up to a maximum of A$24,000. The scholarship will be funded by an annual donation of A$6,000 from Sunshine Coast Airport Pty Ltd to the University of the Sunshine Coast (USC).
The scholarship recipient will be expected to maintain full time enrolment in the stated STEM related program throughout the period of their scholarship and maintain a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0.
Lump sum scholarship payments of A$3,000 will be made approximately three weeks after Census Date in each Semester, once enrolment has been confirmed.
- commencing female undergraduate student
- enrolled full-time in any of the following undergraduate degree programs at USC:
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- any bachelor level degree program within the School of Science and Engineering
- Resident of the Sunshine Coast or Noosa local government areas
- Permanent resident of Australia, Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen or Permanent Australian Humanitarian Visa holder
- Selection criteria
- Academic achievement
- Financial need
- Eligible programs
- B Computer Science, B Information Technology or any undergraduate program within School of Science and Engineering
- Number available
- 1 in 2020
A$6,000 per annum for a maximum of 8 semesters