This has been awarded for 2019. Applications are being accepted for 2020 and are to be submitted to the Office of Research by 30 September 2019.
This award is intended to provide financial support to an Indigenous Australian to undertake their higher degree by research (HDR) at USC. The scholarship is provided to assist with students' general living costs.
This scholarship is available for the standard duration of a Higher Degree by Research program.
Contact the Graduate Research Student Officer, Office of Research: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- To be eligible for the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research and Innovation) Indigenous Australian HDR Scholarship, applicants:
- identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander on their Application for Admission to HDR and PGRS
- are accepted for entry to a higher degree by research (HDR) at USC
- do not hold an equivalent HDR qualification to that being applied for
- recipients must maintain satisfactory progress as a full-time higher degree by research candidate at the University of the Sunshine Coast
- Selection criteria
- Undergraduate achievement;
- Research focus;
- Most recent and relevant degree; and
- Relevant professional research experience
- Eligible programs
- Any Master by Research Degree, Doctor of Philosophy or Doctor of Creative Arts
- Number available
- The stipend is commensurate with the Research Training Program Scholarship and will increment annually. The 2017 value is $26,628 per annum.