Login to the Library's Online Catalogue to:
- request a Click and Collect for physical items from the General and 3-Day-Loan collections.
- place a digitisation request for a chapter from a book or an article from a print source in an eligible collection.
- check the progress of your requests in My Library Account as well as options to cancel the request if it is no longer required
If the item is available on the library shelf at time of requesting, please allow up to two working days (Monday-Friday) for your request to be processed.
If the item is not available at the time of request, or has other requests on it, your request will be placed in a queue.
Click and Collect
- You may request to borrow physical books from the General or 3-Day-Loan collections.
- You may request the item to be sent to any USC Library location for collection.
- When the item is ready for you to collect, an email notification will be sent with details of collection location.
- If you are unable to come onto campus to collect your item due to COVID19 concerns, please contact us for alternative delivery options.
- You may request one chapter or up to 10% from a source.
- You must specify the chapter or page ranges you require.
- Digitisation requests, if the physical item is available at the time of request, may take up to two working days (Monday-Friday) to be processed.
- When the digitisation is available, an email notification will be sent with the digitisation attached.
Items may be renewed online from My Library Account, or in person using the self-checkout terminals, provided that:
- the item has not been requested (recalled) for another person
- you have not exceeded your maximum number of renewals
- you have not exceeded your fines threshold of $20
You may receive a recall notice via email for an item you have on loan. If an item is on loan and is requested, a recall is issued which prevents renewal of the item. The person the item is on loan to will receive an email with advice to return the item within seven days. If an item is recalled it is important to return the item by the new due date, as overdue fines apply for recalled items.
Returning an item
Items can be returned to your campus library. Visit Locations and hours then select your campus to find out about the returns chute at that library.