Request options are currently limited to digitisation requests only due to the temporary closure of all USC Libraries. Login to the Library's Online Catalogue to:
- place a digitisation request for a chapter from a book or an article from a print source in an eligible collection.
- check the progress of your requests in My Library Account as well as options to cancel the request if it is no longer required
If the item is not available at the time of request, or has other requests on it, your request will be placed in a queue.
- You may request one chapter or up to 10% from a source.
- Digitisation requests, if the physical item is available at the time of request, may take up to two working days (Monday-Friday) to be processed.
- When the digitisation is available, an email notification will be sent with the digitisation attached.
Items may be renewed online from My Library Account, or in person using the self-checkout terminals, provided that:
- the item has not been requested (recalled) for another person
- you have not exceeded your maximum number of renewals
- you have not exceeded your fines threshold of $20
You may receive a recall notice via email for an item you have on loan. If an item is on loan and is requested, a recall is issued which prevents renewal of the item. The person the item is on loan to will receive an email with advice to return the item within seven days. If an item is recalled it is important to return the item by the new due date, as overdue fines apply for recalled items.