Login to the Library's Online Catalogue to:
- request a Hold for physical items from the General and 3-Day-Loan collections.
- place a digitisation request for a chapter from a book or an article from a print source in an eligible collection.
- check the progress of your requests in My Library Account as well as options to cancel the request if it is no longer required.
If the item is not available at the time of request, or has other requests on it, your request will be placed in a queue.
For available items that need to be transferred from other campuses, allow five working days (Monday-Friday) for the item to be available at your pick up location.
For available items at the same pick up location, allow two working days (Monday-Friday) for your request to be processed.
- You may request to borrow physical items from the General or 3-Day-Loan collections that are not available.
- You may request a General Collection item from your home campus library and the Sunshine Coast campus library.
- You may request a 3 Day Loan item only from your home campus library and if it is not available.
- When the item is ready for you to collect, an email notification will be sent with details of collection location.
- Items will be held on the Hold shelf for three days only, after which they will be returned to the shelf or held for the next requester.
- You need to borrow the item before leaving the library, using either the self-check kiosk or the UniSC library app.
- You may request one chapter or up to 10% from a source.
- You must specify the chapter or page ranges you require.
- Digitisation requests, if the physical item is available at the time of request, may take up to two working days (Monday-Friday) to be processed.
- When the digitisation is available, an email notification will be sent with the digitisation attached.
Items may be renewed online from My Library Account provided that:
- the item has not been requested (recalled) for another person;
- you have not exceeded your maximum number of renewals;
- you have not exceeded your fines threshold of $20.
You may receive a recall notice via email for an item you have on loan. If an item is on loan and is requested, a recall is issued which prevents renewal of the item. The person the item is on loan to will receive an email with advice to return the item within seven days. If an item is recalled it is important to return the item by the new due date, as overdue fines apply for recalled items.
Returning an item
Items can be returned to your campus library. Visit Get started in the library to find the returns chute at your campus library.