Succeed in sport and study
At UniSC, we see opportunity everywhere. If you are an elite athlete, we see it in you. Now is the time to extend yourself, gain a degree, broaden your mind and secure your future.
High Performance Student Athletes (HPSA's) receive the following personalised support and exclusive benefits.
Special entry to degree programs
Prospective HPSAs are eligible to apply for UniSC’s Elite Athlete adjustment
Exclusive access to world-class facilities
- Access to UniSC Sport Performance Clinic Services
- Complimentary use of USC's sport and fitness facilities
- Access to the High Performance Student Athlete Lounge
- 12 month UniSC Gym membership
- Sports Science testing laboratories
- UniSC High Performance Student Athlete shirt
Personal development opportunities
- HPSA Program induction
- Student athlete development workshops on topics from media training and sponsorship to nutrition and recovery.
- Access to high performance sport mentors
- Student athlete leadership initiatives
- Regular social activities
- Counselling and psychological services
- UniSC's five-star student support services
Tailored academic and career support
- Early enrolment to support competition and training schedules
- Early assessment of academic preparedness to receive personalised information and advice
- Facilitated access to academic skills and learner-to-learner support
- Pre-semester skills preparation and workshops
- Small group and one-to-one support for learning and skill development from experienced peers, academic advisers and specialist staff
- Access to drop-in sessions to develop both subject matter understanding and academic and technical skills
- Employment services
- Advocacy within both academic and sporting environments to support study/sport balance
Scholarships and financial assistance
Applicants must be currently enrolled as a UniSC student in an undergraduate or post graduate program and meet one of the following criteria:
- Tier 1- Gold: Actively competing at the open national or international level in a sport recognised by Sport Australia OR actively competing in a top Australian professional sporting league
- Tier 2- Silver: Actively competing as a youth age group athlete at the international level in a sport recognised by Sport Australia OR a member of a feeder squad for a top Australian professional sporting league
- Tier 3- Bronze: Actively competing at either the junior or open national level in a sport recognised by Sport Australia OR actively competing in a top state professional sporting league
UniSC students who are coaching or refereeing at the above levels are also eligible for this program. For more information on sporting eligibility refer to High Performance Student Athelete eligibility criteria
How to apply
Complete the application form and upload documentary evidence of your competition level by the due date.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application within 5 working days.
Applicants need to apply for the HPSA program each year.
Applications for Semester 1 2024 close at 5pm, Friday 22nd March 2024.
Important dates - Semester 1 2024
15 January 2024
|Early class selection for HPSAs
8 March 2024
|Last day to add a new course enrolment, swap courses or change classes
22 March 2024
|Last day to withdraw from courses or study without financial penalty or a Withdrawn Without Penalty (WN) grade
3 May 2023
|Last day to withdraw from courses or study without academic penalty and receiving a Withdrawn Fail (WF) grade
Coordinator, High Performance Student Program
Tel: +61 7 5430 1210 or +61 411 399 490
High Performance Student Athlete News
Coaches Spotlight – NICK BENNETT16 Jun 2023
Meet Nick Bennett, an exceptional coach from the Sunshine Coast, whose passion for sports and athletics ignited his journey towards coaching excellence.
Billy Curtis takes 3rd in Ultra Trail Australia 22km Race31 May 2023
It's like running up the Q1 in the Gold Coast almost 4 times – Billy Curtis takes 3rd in Ultra Trail Australia 22km Race