Dr Christophe Gerber is an Associate Professor of Structural and Timber Engineering and is responsible for the development of teaching and research in structural and timber engineering. Christophe is a structural engineer with a strong interest in timber engineering. He has close to 30 years of experience in timber construction and engineered structures in Australia and Europe. His expertise includes high performance timber structural systems, structural development and the design of multi-storey timber buildings.
Christophe brings a very practical approach to his work. He gained the full appreciation of the benefits and challenges of prefabrication from his working years on site. This experience has also guided him to develop practical applications for industry from his research.
Christophe’s expertise includes high performance timber structural systems, structural development and the design of multi-storey timber buildings. He has worked on projects that focus on structural solutions for multi-storey buildings, composite structures, material and product development, connection technology, building sustainability and supply chain analysis and optimisation. In addition, he has been actively involved with developing and testing/certifying products and systems, and outlining user-friendly design guidelines. He can also assist with building sustainability, and supply chain analyses and optimisation.
- MIEAust, Lignum (Switzerland)
- sustainable structures and materials
- timber and timber composite products, bamboo and bamboo composite products and composite structure products
- development and testing of materials, composite systems including timber concrete composites
- development and testing of connections, connectors and adhesives
- numerical analysis and modelling of the mechanics of structures, connections and materials including engineering wood products
- timber bridge engineering and design
- analysis of supply chain and fabrication for timber materials, large buildings and developments (structure and organisation, flow, management etc.)
Dr Christophe Gerber's specialist areas of knowledge include timber engineering, timber construction, design of multi-storey timber buildings.