Statics is one of the critical foundations for understanding and progressing in mechanical and civil engineering. It enables you to analyse structural components found in buildings, bridges, machinery and hydraulics. You will learn principles and concepts related to rigid and deformable bodies, and apply these principles to analyse structures under various loads.
- (SCI107 and (MTH103 or MTH102) and enrolled in Program SC404, SC405, SC410, SC411 SC425) or AB101, UU301, UU302 or XU301
- CIV1501(USQ equivalent course)
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 2
- Moreton Bay: Semester 2
- Student contribution band
- Band 2
- Tuition fee
- 3.2: Science, Engineering, Environmental Studies
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.