Dr Tony Page joined the Tropical Forests and People Research Centre at the University of the Sunshine Coast in 2015 as a Senior Research Fellow. Tony has a research focus on improving the use of forest genetic resources and developing innovative approaches to forestry and agroforestry; with the ultimate aim of addressing issues of smallholder poverty and environmental degradation in developing tropical countries.
- Reproductive biology and domestication of agroforestry timber and fruit trees.
- Economic impact of tree improvement and smallholder tree planting.
- Silvicultural management of agroforestry crops for livelihood benefits and environmental services.
- Human impacts on genetics of natural tree populations, particularly through fragmentation, disturbance and negative selection.
- Plant propagation and nursery management.
- Participatory approaches to training curricula and extension.
- Agroecology and Agroforestry
- Economic Botany
- Plant Biological Science
- Plant improvement and domestication