Samantha Walsh has over 12 years of continued clinical practice in emergency nursing with a speciality in emergency care in regional Qld. She is a member of the College of Emergency Nursing Australasia.
Prior to moving to regional Qld, she worked as a Registered Nurse in Wollongong Hospital, which is the Illawarra and Shoalhaven’s major referral and teaching hospital. She has over 15 years of experience in a diverse range of speciality areas including gastroenterology and endoscopy, medical, surgical, maternity unit, renal ward, neurology unit, oncology ward, transit lounge, medical imaging and emergency care.
Samantha has been teaching in the tertiary sector since 2010 and is now proud to be a part of the academic team at University of the Sunshine Coast.
Samantha is inspired to enhance the educational opportunities and professional development of students, nursing colleagues and peers, providing mentoring and support to facilitate individual’s to achieve their professional and educational goals.
Samantha has an interest in course development that provides real-life experiences and interprofessional opportunities through simulated practice that benefits both students and the health care workforce.
Samantha’s aim is the implementation of patient safety and quality in healthcare utilising technology to engage, support and facilitate optimum student and peer experiences during clinical practice. With the emphasis on the development of teaching and learning practices, in both the tertiary and clinical setting.
- experiences, engagement and support of student in regional and distant clinical placements
- interprofessional education and simulation
- teaching and learning in nursing education
- co-ordination of disaster and multi trauma management for nurses in regional areas
- improvements to safety and quality of care in emergency nursing
- professional development of emergency nurses
- Acute Care Nursing
- Emergency and Trauma Nursing
- Patient Assessment Practices of Nursing
- Clinical Development
- Clinical Supervision
- Interprofessional collaborative education
- Undergraduate and postgraduate