Sandra (Sandie) Elsom is the course coordinator for TPP102/UCC102 ICT for Academic and Professional Applications. A specialist in adult learning, her Masters research explored the experiences of Tertiary Preparation Pathway students, and her current PhD research is in game-based learning in Higher Education. Sandie is also an adjunct lecturer in Languages/International Affairs at the RheinAhr Campus of The Koblenz University of Applied Sciences in Remagen, Germany.
- Golden Key International Honour Society
- Justice of the Peace (Qualified)
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Research Week 2014 — Best Research Presentation — FAB
- Learning and Teaching Week 2014 — People's Choice Winner — FAB
- Widening participation in higher education
- Tertiary access
- Game-based learning
- Diverse learners
- Wellness in academia
- Intercultural communication
Sandra is an Associate Lecturer in Tertiary Access Studies and is a specialist in adult learning.