This free microcredit course will help you gain a clear understanding of the factors underpinning your business's success and what is critical for your long term survival. Adopt strategic management principles and develop a customised business plan to help your business survive and thrive. You will receive tailored feedback from a panel of industry experts and networking opportunities.
Proudly supported by the Queensland Department of Youth Justice, Employment, Small Business and Training.
Who is this course for?
- Micro and small business owners
- Based in Queensland
- With fewer than 20 (full-time equivalent) employees
- Operating for 12 months or more
How is the course delivered?
- 7 x 90 minute weekly workshops followed by 30 minutes of networking
- Onsite delivery locations rotate around Queensland throughout the year
- All sessions are fully supported for online delivery so if you are not located near the onsite location, please feel welcome to join online
What will you learn?
- How to integrate the principles of strategic management into your business
- Develop a customised business plan that is suitable for sourcing funds from banks, investors or used for grant applications
- Receive expert panel feedback specific to your business
- Network with like-minded business owners and industry experts
Week 1: Overview of Small Business Planning
Week 2: Organisation and Industry Analysis
Week 3: Marketing Strategy
Week 4: Business Structures, Operating Plan and Risk Management
Week 5: Succession Planning and Human Resource Strategy
Week 6: Financial Management
Week 7: Communications Skills and Preparing for the Presentation
Get certification and credit
On successful completion, receive a Certificate of Completion and one elective course credit towards the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration at UniSC.