This free microcredit course will help you gain a clear understanding of the factors underpinning your business's success and what is critical for your long term survival. Adopt strategic management principles and develop a customised business plan to help your business survive and thrive. You will receive tailored feedback from a panel of industry experts and networking opportunities.
Proudly supported by the Queensland Department of Employment, Small Business and Training.
Who is this course for?
- Micro and small business owners
- Based in Queensland
- With fewer than 20 (full-time equivalent) employees
- Operating for 12 months or more
How is the course delivered?
- 7 x 90 minute weekly workshops followed by 30 minutes of networking
- Onsite delivery locations rotate around Queensland throughout the year
- All sessions are fully supported for online delivery so if you are not located near the onsite location, please feel welcome to join online
What will you learn?
- How to integrate the principles of strategic management into your business
- Develop a customised business plan that is suitable for sourcing funds from banks, investors or used for grant applications
- Receive expert panel feedback specific to your business
- Network with like-minded business owners and industry experts
Week 1: Overview of Small Business Planning
Week 2: Organisation and Industry Analysis
Week 3: Marketing Strategy
Week 4: Business Structures, Operating Plan and Risk Management
Week 5: Succession Planning and Human Resource Strategy
Week 6: Financial Management
Week 7: Communications Skills and Preparing for the Presentation
Get certification and credit
On successful completion, receive a Certificate of Completion and one elective course credit towards the Graduate Certificate in Business Administration at UniSC.
Dr Wayne Graham
Meet the Course Coordinator
Dr Wayne Graham is a Senior Lecturer in Management at UniSC. Wayne has developed a suite of microcredential planning courses in partnership with the Queensland Government. The courses are co-designed, co-delivered and co-evaluated with industry representatives. Funding for the courses has been provided by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training, and Jobs Queensland. The courses are offered simultaneously online and onsite at various locations throughout the state.
Wayne has presented his research findings at national and international conferences and he has published his research in peer-reviewed journals, including the Journal of Health Organization and Management, and the Journal of Business and Industrial Marketing. As well as working in higher education, Wayne has worked in the vocational education sector, the automotive industry and local government.