Dr Wayne Graham is a Senior lecturer in Management in the USC Business School.
Wayne has presented his research at national and international conferences and he has published his research in peer-reviewed journals. Additionally, he has co-authored three case studies for an Australian strategic management textbook.
As well as working in higher education, Wayne has worked in the vocational education sector, the automotive industry and local government.
Vice Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2018
- Fellow, Institute of Managers and Leaders
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy
Honours and HDR supervision completions
- Bianka Sabert, Honours, 'Performance Evaluation Practices at an International Non-Profit Organisation', conferred 2014
- Emma Bowis, Honours, 'Succession Planning in Australian Local Government', conferred 2014
Honours and HDR supervisions in progress
- Bianka Sabert, confirmed PhD candidate, Strategy formation of International Non-Profit Organisations (with Professor Meredith Lawley and Associate Professor Monte Wynder)
- John Adie, confirmed PhD candidate, Management of patients with non-life threatening urgent conditions (with Professor Marianne Wallis)
- Melissa Innes, confirmed PhD candidate, Exploring the lived experience of Individual Foresight in organisations (with Professor Karen Becker)
- Joanne Casey, confirmed PhD candidate, Exploring secondary school improvement strategies (with Dr Susan Simon)
- Suzanne Derok, probationary PhD candidate, Exploring corporate wellness culture in Australian organisations (with Dr Peter Innes)
- Adiba Fattah, probationary PhD candidate, Investigating the effectiveness of the franchising environment of the Australian Automotive Industry (with Professor Lorelle Frazer)
- Brett Letcher, Honours candidate, Exploring coopetition among dyadic relationships in the Australian small businesses sector (with Dr Margarietha Scheepers)
- Jason Valusaga, Honours candidate, Investigating the creation of shared value in organisations (with Dr Bishnu Sharma)
|Project Name||Investigators||Funding Body||Year||Focus|
|Industry Connect Grant||Dr Wayne Graham, Associate Professor Florin Oprescu, Dr David Shahar, Professor Marion Gray||USC Office of Research||2019||Evaluating the impact of a large integrated primary health care centre in a region with high socio-economic disadvantage|
|First Year Experience Grant||Professor Cindy Davis, Ms Susie Vergers, Dr Wayne Graham et al||C-Salt||2018||Exploring Synchronous Online Tutorials Using Zoom Technology to Engage Students Unable to Attend Face-to-Face Tutorials|
|Evaluating the flipped classroom||Dr Jane Taylor, Dr Mary Kynn, Dr Wayne Graham et al.||C-Salt||2015||Mapping and evaluating the flipped classroom at USC: Integrative learning and teaching|
|PIVOTAL Leadership||Dr Sue Simon, Dr Wayne Graham, Associate Professor Michael Christie, Associate Professor Karen Noble and Associate Professor Jane Summers||National Office of Learning and Teaching||2014||Innovative curriculum design and enhanced postgraduate learning experiences for school leaders|
|Expansive Learning Leadership Initiative||Dr Wayne Graham and Mrs Michelle Gray||Expansive Learning Leadership Initiative||2014||Evaluation of a group PATS program to develop future learning and teaching leaders|
|Publication Completion Grant||Dr Wayne Graham||Faculty of Arts and Business, USC||2013||Assistance for submission of research papers to peer-reviewed journals|
|Engagement Research Support Grant||Dr Wayne Graham, Professor Mike Clements, Professor Mike Hefferan and Mr Graham Young||Office of Engagement, USC||2013||Determining characteristics that enable universities to engage with their communities|
- Strategic management
- Business development
- Management education
- Health Sector Management
- Strategic Management
- Global Business Management
Wayne's specialist areas of knowledge include training and development, change management, strategic management, leadership and team dynamics, business development and regional development.