This course aims to provide you with a foundation for the study of commercial legal principles and issues for accountants. Topics are examined from both legal and ethical perspectives. The course includes examination of the origins of our legal system, native title and sources of law in Australia and internationally. Also examined are foundational principles relevant to the law of contract and negligence. Further specific areas of business law are highlighted, including consumer law and the law of business organisations.
- Enrolled in any PGRD Program
- MBA709 or EMB759
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Melbourne: Not Currently Offered
- Sydney: Not Currently Offered
- Student contribution band
- Band 3
- Tuition fee
- 1-3: Law, Accounting, Administration, Economics, Commerce
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.