This course examines the poetic canon along with contemporary forms such as: song lyrics, rap, and beat/spoken word by analysing the thematic content, poetic techniques and styles of great poets. These investigations will serve as exemplars for the creation of your original and innovative poetry. In this way you will enrich your knowledge through both creative practice and critical reflection.
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Moreton Bay: Semester 1
- Online: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 4E
- Tuition fee
- 1.4E: AV Studies, Journalism, Written Comm, Comm and Media nec
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.