This advanced course revisits the core micro skills essential for professional counselling and builds on these developing your capacity to effectively engage with clients in therapy, with cultural intentionality, and a focus on resilience and self-actualization. Attending behaviour, empathy and observation skills will be developed at an advanced level as you engage with the techniques and theories of Cognitive Behaviour - and Person-Centred approaches. You will conduct practical competency demonstrations of your counselling skill.
- Enrolled in Program AR708
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 4A
- Tuition fee
- 1.4A: Social Work, Counselling, Welfare Std, Human Welf nec 0905XX
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Blackboard site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.