This course will introduce you to the field of mental health, and provide a basis for the acquisition of foundational knowledge for the the practice of mental health counselling. You will learn about contemporary mental health assessment, explore dominant psychotherapeutic approaches, examine ethical counselling practise, and utilise experiential approaches to develop capacity in mental health therapeutic interviewing. Holistic case management and the recovery model are also explored.
- Enrolled in Program AR708
- Semester of offer Subject to change
- Sunshine Coast: Semester 1
- Student contribution band
- Band 4A
- Tuition fee
- 1.4A: Social Work, Counselling, Welfare Std, Human Welf nec 0905XX
- Census date
- Academic Calendar
- Class timetable
- View class timetables for this course
Students enrolled in this course should check the course Canvas site to ensure that they are accessing the most recent approved version of the course outline.